RTR Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
1WHY are RTR products limited to just 2 downloads per purchase?
- RTR provides the User an initial first download with a backup, second download in the event the User has not saved the RTR product on their FIRST download of the PDF to their preferred directory or digital device. This helps the User and helps protect RTR’s intellectual property.
- It is also the Users responsibility to save the Unique Password that comes with each RTR purchase for continued access to their PDF purchase in the future.
- RTR advises each User to protect their purchase records of every product for their specific educational and classroom needs.
2HOW do I find my UNIQUE PASSWORD to open my RTR purchase?
- All your Purchases and their Unique Passwords are stored in chronological order in your RTR Account.
- RTR will also send you a Purchase Confirmation email which lists your Purchase(s) and the Unique Password(s).
- You should save these as you prefer; either as a print copy, or store these to your preferred directory, or device for future access.
3THE RTR products I purchased will NOT OPEN; what can I do?
- All RTR products are in a PDF format that will require the User to have a current PDF Reader to open the displays/products.
- To start be sure you have a current Operating System such as Windows 8 or 10.
- Some PDF Readers are FREE, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. This can be downloaded from https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- If this does not help, then install a different web browser. First check what web browser you are now using, and maybe change to Google Chrome, or Firefox
4WHAT do I do IF I cannot access the RTR website?
You may need to clear your stored browsing history to access the RTR website.
5HOW do I complete my purchase of RTR products?
- When you have selected a RTR product, and in the font of your choice, then add it to your Shopping Cart using the ‘ADD to Cart’ button.
- A ‘pop-up’ window will appear from which the User can select to:
- Continue Shopping.
- View Cart.
- Proceed to Checkout.
- Once the Proceed to Checkout selection has been made, a window will open with your Account Details. At this time, you must indicate having read the RTR Terms and Conditions, and only then do you ‘Proceed to Checkout’.
- The User will then be directed to the PayFast page to make payment.
6DOES RTR use my personal Account Details?
- RTR does NOT share, sell, use, or provide to Third Party, any Users personal account details.
- Neither RTR nor PayFast retain or store a User’s personal or purchase account details.
- For this reason, PayFast requires the User to login with their details for each separate purchase.
- RTR may use an overall aggregate of information provided and statistics of purchases for monitoring the variety and Users preferences of website usage.
- This type of information will help develop and improve RTR’s educational materials for the Educator and our services to all Users. The results of any gathered statistics relating to purchases will NOT identify specific Users.
7WHAT is the level of security provided RTR by PayFast for my Account?
PayFast uses several security formats to secure all involve parties.
- PayFast is PCI-DSSD Level 1 Compliant, the highest level of internet security for the safety of the User.
- Penetration/hacking testing is run by PayFast, and is conducted on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities.
- The PayFast system is set to automatically check for suspicious payment activity and volume.
- For more information, the PayFast Security and Fraud Prevention page is: https://www.payfast.co.za/security-fraud/
8WHAT is the security provided RTR by the Website Server?
9HOW can I find a specific display quickly?
Start with the RTR HOME PAGE:
- Use the SEARCH option button at the top of the page.
- Type in the specific words associated with your subject in your language:
- English, e.g. Grade R Color.
- Afrikaans, e.g. Graad R Kleur.
- A drop down menu will then provide all your options to proceed.
10Does is take a lot of ink to print RTR Displays?
- All RTR Classroom Displays have been developed to maximize impact when printed, but at the same time to use the least amount of ink as possible.
- You can also choose an ink saving print setting on your printer to help with ink consumption.
11Does is take a lot of data to download RTR Displays?
- All RTR Classroom Displays have been developed to use as many ‘vector format’ files where ever possible. This reduces the download size of the Displays.
- When ‘rasterized’ images are included, the images are downscaled to 200dpi, which works well for both print and on screen Displays. The Displays usually average between 5 and 10 mb per file.